You can sell digital downloads in a variety of sizes:
- A Web Size image is roughly 640x480 pixels in size, or 0.3 megapixels. It's great for sharing on social sites like Facebook.
- A 1Mpix image is roughly 1 megapixel in size. In English, that means a square 1 megapixel image would be about 1000 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high.
- A 4Mpix image is 4 megapixels. This is a size that allows for quality printing at most reasonable sizes. If you want to allow printing at really large poster sizes, you would probably want a larger image.
- An Original image is the exact image that you have put online. It is the original size of the image, identical in every way.
- Web Size: up to 320 x 240 pixels.
- iPod/DVD size: up to 640 x 480 pixels.
- Mid-Def: up to 960 x 540 pixels.
- Hi-Def: up to 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Full HD: up to 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Note: Not all sizes are available for all images. Downloads are subject to a license agreement.
Photographer or videographer ("Content Provider") grants buyer a non-exclusive perpetual personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, "Media,") subject to the following restrictions:
- This license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the Media for display on personal websites and computers, or making image prints or video copies for personal use. The Media may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The Media may not be used in advertising. The Media may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the Media remain exclusively with the Content Provider.
- There are no warranties, express or implied. The Media are provided 'as is.'
- Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.
What buyers can do:
Photographer or videographer ("Content Provider") grants buyers a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, "Media,") for permitted commercial purposes, defined as:
- advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging
- as part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800x600 pixels) use
- prints, posters, flyers, tearsheets for promotional purposes (not for resale)
- prints, posters, or other commercial display of Media
- magazines, books, newspapers, other printed publications
- video, broadcast, theatrical
What buyers may not do:
Buyer may not resell, relicense, redistribute without express written permission from Content Provider. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Media may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Media may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Media may not be made available for download.
Content Provider retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the Media.
There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image or video file. Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer's use of the Media.